- A Muslim and mentally sound.
- Malaysian citizen.
Two types of accounts:
- Adult account
- Child account
- 18 years of age or older based on the date of birth.
- Bring along your Identification Card (MyKad) upon registration.
- 18 years of age and below.
- Guardians are subjected to the Child Protection Act 2001, Guardianship of Infants Act 1961 and Registration for Adoption Act 1952.
- Guardians must be TH depositors and are Malaysian citizens.
- Only one guardian is allowed for an account.
- Bring along the child's birth certificate and Identification Card (MyKad or MyKid).
- The guardian is strongly advised to change the status of their children’s/ dependants’ accounts who have reached 18 years old and above from Child Account to Adult Account. Change of the account status can be done at any TH offices and the application must be done by the legal guardian.
- As long as the account status remains as a Child Account, the guardian will be solely responsible for the account and its activities, even though the child has exceeded 18 years of age.