PEKTA & PIHTAS
Development Programme for Homeland Hajj Trainers (PEKTA) / Holy Land Hajj Facilitator (PIHTAS)
The preparation and implementation of the Development Programme for PEKTA/ PIHTAS are as follows:
- National Level Hajj Muzakarah.
- Intensive Classes on Hajj Tafaqquh and Umrah.
- Intensive Course for PIHTAS.
- Hajj and Umrah Kad Tauliah Courses
These programme were introduced to produce knowledgeable and consistent PEKTA / PIHTAS who are capable of guiding hajj pilgrims effectively and efficiently, both locally and in the Holy Land.
Those who have successfully completed these programme will be awarded the 'Kad Tauliah Mengajar Haji dan Umrah (Kad Tauliah)'; a credentials card that authorised them as formal guides for hajj and umrah, issued by TH. Any PEKA with a nearly expired Kad Tauliah must renew it by filling in the Permohonan Kad Tauliah Mengajar Haji dan Umrah (KATAMHAJJ) BRG-PH-HB-05-02 (Pindaan Nov 2018) form no later than 2 months before the expiration date of the card.
Appointment of Hajj Trainers (PEKTA)
Application must be made through the TH State or Branch offices by filling in the Permohonan Pengkursus Ibadat Haji Tanah Air (PEKTA) BRG-PH-HB-05-02 (Pindaan Nov 2018) application form.
All applicants must meet the following criterias before filling in the form:
- Have performed the Hajj and Umrah.
- Hold a valid teaching credential, validated by the State's Islamic Council / Department.
- Have a religious educational background with a Diploma in Islamic Studies/ Islamic Education.
- Possess decent behaviour/ good moral and do not smoke.
*Applicants are required to sit and pass the written and oral tests in order to be appointed as PEKTA.
The Appointment of Hajj Facilitators (PIHTAS)
- Must be State or District Hajj facilitator, and nominated by the TH State Directors.
- Must be certified by the Guidance Division.
- Have attended Hajj Muzakarah (within the last 3 years).
- Have passed the PIHTAS interview.
- Not involved in businesses related to bringing pilgrims for Hajj/ Umrah.
- Healthy and below the age of 60.