Conditions to become a TH‘s depositor:
- A Muslim and mentally sound
- Malaysian Citizen
There are two types of account:
- Adult account
- Child account
- 18 years of age or older based on date of birth
- Bring along your MyKad
- Under 18 years of age.
- Caregivers are subject to the Child Protection Act 2001, Guardianship of Infants Act 1961 and Registration for Adoption Act 1952.
- Caregivers are a depositor of TH and Malaysian citizen.
- Only one account and one caregiver is allowed.
- Please bring along child's birth certificate and MyKid.
- The guardian is strongly advised to change the status of the account for their children/ dependant who has reached 18 years old and above from a child account to an adult account. The change of the account status can be made at any of TH branches in which the application to change the status has to be made by the parents/ legal guardian.
- As long as the account status remains as a child account, the guardian will be solely responsible for the account and its activities even though the child has exceeded 18 years old of age.