All Malaysians are not allowed to perform this year's pilgrimage even using furada visas.
Hajj Pillgrimage 1441H/2020M Suspension
TH has debited Hajj Fees from this year’s selected pilgrims. Will this fees be refunded due to delayed pilgrimage?
- Debited Hajj Fees will be refunded in full to their respective TH accounts soon.
- Refunded Hajj Fees are eligible for the profit distributions that will be announced for the year 2020.
What will happen to the pilgrims who have been selected to perform the pilgrimage this year? Will this delay affect the turn of the pilgrims next year?
The pilgrims whose turn are confirmed and are supposed to perform the pilgrimage this year (1441H / 2020) will be given priority for the next year (1442H / 2021).
For those who have appealed and whose appeals to perform the hajj this year (1441H / 2020) have been approved by TH, their hajj appeal approval is considered void and they must submit a new appeal for 1442H / 2021 season to TH.
Each Hajj Pilgrims Management Company (PJH) licensed by TH shall return the payments of the hajj package to the pilgrimage candidates who have made the payments subject to the terms of the agreed package between the pilgrims and PJH.
Will the Pilgrims who appealed and elected to perform the hajj this year have to appeal again next year?
The pilgrims who have appealed and have been approved for pilgrimage this year (1441H / 2020), will need to submit a new pilgrimage appeal next year (1442H / 2021) for TH’s review.
Hajj Costs and Hajj Fees are determined and announced during the current year for each Hajj season.
The Government of Malaysia will decide on the sending of pilgrims next year (1442H / 2021) based on the current situation and based on any decisions made by the Saudi Government at that time.
- No need to re-take mandatory injections (meningococcal) if the validity period has not expired (3 or 5 years according to the type of injection taken) before next year's hajj season.
- Additional injections i.e pneumococcal (5 years) and influenza (1 year): also depends on the validity of the injections.
- Pilgrims are advised to review the vaccine injections information in the Pilgrim Treatment Record (BRRJH) or refer to the hospitals/health clinics where the injections were taken.
What about the turn of the pilgrims who were supposed to perform the pilgrimage in 1442H / 2021? Do they have to wait another year to perform the pilgrimage?
- It is unlikely that future pilgrims who are supposed to perform the hajj in 1442H/2021 will have to wait another year as it is subject to the current quota vacancy.
- The hajj pilgrimage candidates for 1442H/2021 will be given the first priorities for pilgrimage next year, after candidates for 1441H/2020 have been given their priorities.
Has the world-wide outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic affected the istitho'ah (ability) conditions in performing the pilgrimage?
- The Hajj Resolution Muzakarah (Resolusi Muzakarah Haji) in 2019 has established that the istitho'ah principle of either physical (badaniyyah) or health (sihhiyyah) is one of the mandatory requirements of Hajj pilgrimage.
- If a doctor confirm that the pilgrim is at high risk for developing Covid-19 disease during the hajj season, then the pilgrim with a chronic illness will be considered ineligible in terms of their physical and health status.
- Therefore, the obligation to perform the pilgrimage is inapplicable for the said pilgrim.