TH is always in its continuous effort to provide guidance and knowledge regarding Hajj to Hajj candidates through series of hajj courses conducted throughout the country and via related publications. We believe that through proper education, the Hajj pilgrims will be more focused and will have better understanding towards every practice that is carried out. Knowledgeable pilgrims will be confident to carry out their ibadah smoothly with minimum issues while in the Holy Land.
Basic Hajj Course (KAH)
The first stage of the hajj course to be attended by the pilgrims before departing for the Holy Land is the Basic Hajj Course. The course begins in the month of Rabiulawal every year and is held every weekend for 2 hours per class/ series (Total 17 series). Basic Hajj Course is held at mosques around the country with collaboration between TH and the mosque committee (State Department of Islamic Development). The course module covers the basic knowledge related to Hajj Rituals, Healthcare and Hajj Management in Malaysia and the Holy Land.
Participation is open to all individuals who are interested to learn about Hajj and Umrah affairs and not limited to the pilgrims selected for the current year. Those interested must register with the respective mosque that organizes the Hajj programme.
Download the Basic Hajj Course (KAH) schedule for :
- Terengganu (Latest updated 5 November 2018)
- Negeri Sembilan (Latest updated 26 October 2018)
- Sabah (Latest updated 26 October 2018)
- Sarawak (Latest updated 4 December 2018)
- Selangor (Latest updated 9 November 2018)
- Perlis (Latest updated 17 January 2019)
- Pulau Pinang (Latest updated 30 October 2018)
- Perak (Latest updated 13 November 2018)
- Pahang (Latest updated 29 November 2018)
- Kedah (Latest updated 29 October 2018)
- Kelantan (Latest updated 19 November 2018)
- Melaka (Latest updated 3 December 2018)
- Johor (Latest updated 21 November 2018)
- Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur (Latest updated 22 November 2018)
- Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya (Latest updated 22 November 2018)
- Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan (Latest updated 22 November 2018)
Intensive Hajj Course (KIH)
The second stage of the course is the Intensive Hajj Course which is held in the month of Rejab and Syaaban every year. This course is held over two days and focuses on the practical aspects of the Hajj and Umrah rituals. The modules include Hajj Rituals, Health Care and Hajj Management while in Malaysia and the Holy Land.
Only the pilgrims selected to perform Hajj in the current year will be invited to attend this course by the TH State or District Office.
Special Hajj Course (KKH)
This course is an extension to the Intensive Hajj Course. The one day course emphasises on practical exercise of Hajj rituals in a smaller and focused group. The course participants are those who had attended the Intensive Hajj Course, but scored 39% and below in the test of understanding Hajj rituals. In addition, prospective Hajj pilgrims, who are selected at the last minute, will also be invited to attend this course.TH State or District Office will issue a letter of invitation to the pilgrims involved.
Prime Hajj Course (KPH)
The Prime Hajj Course is the final course to be attended by all pilgrims who have been selected to perform Hajj in the current year. It is held in the month of Syawal in every state and gathers pilgrims from all districts of the state. This one-day course provides a more comprehensive Hajj and Umrah practical exercise in a larger congregation. It involves simulated Hajj activities such as ‘staying for a while’ (Mabit) and ‘casting of pebbles’ at night. The pilgrims will spend a night at the venue of the course.
Only the prospective pilgrims selected to perform Hajj in the current year are invited to attend this course by the TH State or District Office.
Note: For inquiries about Hajj courses, kindly contact THCC at 03-6207-1919.
Note: Apologies. There is no English version for Basic Hajj Course Modules available.
Masyair Operation Overview
Pilgrims Placement in Arafah
Wuquf in Arafah
Mabit in Muzdalifah
Pilgrims Placement in Mina
Pelting of Pebbles at Mina
Guide to Hajj & Umrah Video
Muzakarah Hajj Resolution
National Muzakarah Hajj Resolution
The Guidance section also provides publication materials for Hajj Guidance as follows:
- Book of Hajj, Umrah and Ziarah (in Rumi)
- Book of Hajj, Umrah and Ziarah (in Jawi)
- Books - Q & A Hajj and Umrah (in Rumi)
- Books - Q & A Hajj and Umrah (in Jawi)
- Pilgrim’s Travel Guide Book
- Book of Selected prayers in the Holy Land
- Hajj Outline Book
- Book on Hajj Rituals
- Book of Selected wirid for 'Dhuyuf Al-Rahman'
Handbook of Hajj, Umrah and Ziarah, Question & Answer Book on Hajj and Umrah, Selected of prayers in the Holy Land and Selected wirid for Dhuyuf Al-Rahman are provided free of charge to selected of the current year before they leave for the Holy Land
These books are also available to be purchased through book sales representative at bookstores and libraries across Malaysia.
Programme Publications in Electronic Media 3
- 'Seruan Haji’ on RTM 1
- ‘Seruan Haji’ on Radio Klasik Nasional.fm
- ‘Lambaian Kaabah’ on Radio IKIM.fm
- VCD publication of ‘Panduan Ibadat Haji Tamattu’, Ifrad dan Qiran’
- VCD publication of ‘Panduan Perjalanan Haji’
Publications in Printed Media
- Bicara Haji (Utusan Malaysia)
- Hajj Journey Brochure
- Hajj/ Umrah Checklist
- The Holy Land Poster
- A Guide brochure For Female Hajj Pilgrims
Pamphlets and the Hajj checklists are also provided free of charge to selected pilgrims before they leave for the Holy Land.
Hujjaj Assembly (HISHAJ) Programme
Beginning from the year 2012, TH Management has organized the Hujjaj Fellowship Assembly (HISHAJ) programme, as a medium to gather all the pilgrims to form a hajj generation through Hajj. The objective of the programme is to maintain and enhance the relationship built among pilgrims in the Holy Land the Hajj spirit and as a platform to exchange knowledge upon their return from the Holy Land.
PEKTA & PIHTAS
Development Programme - 'Homeland Hajj Trainers' (PEKTA) / 'Holy Land Hajj Facilitator' (PIHTAS)
Programme for Trainers / Hajj Facilitators
The preparation and implementation of the Development Programmes for Hajj Trainers and Facilitators are as follows:
- Hajj Rituals Evaluation Workshops
- National Level Hajj Muzakarah
- Intensive Classes on Hajj Tafaqquh and Umrah
- Intensive Courses for Hajj Facilitator of the Holy Land (PIHTAS)
- Training of Trainers (TOT) courses for new Hajj Facilitators
These programmes were created to produce knowledgeable and consistent Hajj Trainers/ Facilitators (PEKTA/ PIHTAS) who are capable of guiding Hajj pilgrims effectively and efficiently, both locally and in the Holy Land.
Those who have successfully completed this program will be awarded Kad Tauliah (a credentials card) by TH that authorizes them as a formal guide for Hajj and Umrah. Any PEKTA with expired Kad Tauliah must apply for its renewal by filling in Permohonan Kad Tauliah Mengajar Haji dan Umrah (KATAMHAJJ) BRG-PH-HB-05-02 (Pindaan Nov 2018) form no later than 2 months before the expiration date of the card.
Appointment of Hajj Trainers (PEKTA)
Application must be made through the TH State or District office by filling in the application form Permohonan Pengkursus Ibadat Haji Tanah Air (PEKTA) BRG-PH-HB-05-02 (Pindaan Nov 2018). All applicants must meet the following criteria before filling in the form:
- Have already performed the Hajj and Umrah
- Hold a valid teaching credential, validated by the State Department of Islamic Development
- Have a religious educational background with Diploma in Islamic Studies/ Islamic Education
- Have good moral compass and do not smoke
*Applicants will take a written and an oral test before being appointed as PEKTA.
List of Hajj Trainers (PEKTA)
Download here for list of PEKTA.
The Appointment of PIHTAS (Hajj Facilitators)
- Must be State or District Hajj facilitators, and be nominated by the TH State Director
- Must be certified by the Guidance Division
- Have attended Hajj Muzakarah (within the last 3 years)
- Have passed the PIHTAS interview
- Not involved in businesses related to bringing pilgrims for Hajj/ Umrah
- Healthy and below the age of 60
Public Service Officers who are interested to serve as Homeland Hajj Trainers, Hajj Facilitators may apply by filling in the application form together with their respective Head of Department's permission letter based on Surat Edaran JPA (S) 223/8/3 Klt. 13(26).
Application for Kad Tauliah Mengajar (a credential card) or for Kad Tauliah renewal also can be made.
- Borang Permohonan Pengkursus Ibadat Haji Tanah Air (PEKTA) BRG-PH-HB-05-02 (Pindaan Nov 2018)
- Permohonan Kad Tauliah Mengajar Haji dan Umrah (KATAMHAJJ) BRG-PH-HB-05-02 (Pindaan Nov 2018)
- Permohonan Lanjutan Tempoh KATAMHAJJ BRG-PH-HB-05-02 (Pindaan Nov 2018)
- Permohonan Pembimbing Ibadat Haji Tanah Suci (PIHTAS) BRG-PH-HB-05-02 (Pindaan Nov 2018)
- Surat Pelepasan Majikan untuk Bertugas di Tanah Suci
- Pendaftaran Atas Talian Sijil Pembimbing Ibadah Haji (SPIH)
Download here for others form.