The committee consists of 10 members, who are religious scholars and academicians with skills and expertise in various Islamic knowledge and disciplines. The General Manager of Hajj Guidance is the secretary of this committee.
Responsibilities of the committee include the followings:
- Decide on the order of the laws and regulations related to all issues pertaining to Hajj.
- Make recommendations to TH Management on issues related to Hajj.
- Verify the review on Hajj publications issued by TH.
- Serve as the Hajj Expert Council for the Malaysian Hajj pilgrims to the Holy Land.
List of Hajj Advisory Committee Members (TH - JAKIM)
- Sohibus Samahah Datuk Sri Dr. Haji Zulkifli Mohamad Al-Bakri
- Dato’ (Dr.) Haji Nooh Gadot
- Sohibus Samahah Dato’ Haji Fadzil Haji Awang
- Dato’ Haji Wan Mohamad Dato’ Sheikh Abdul Aziz
- Datuk Haji Mohamad Nordin Ibrahim
- Dr. Hajah Anisah Abdul Ghani
- Prof. Madya Dr. Hajah Raihanah Haji Azahari
- Dr. Hajah Shamsiah binti Mohamad