||What is meant by Updating a Mobile Phone Number via Call / Email?
||It is a facility for depositors to update mobile phone numbers via phone/ email without visiting a TH counter.
||Who can use this facility?
||When will this be available?
||September 1, 2020 (Tuesday)
||Prior to the availability of this facility, how can the phone numbers be updated?
||Only at TH Branch counters
||Why is this facility provided?
||The facility aims to:
- Provide ease to depositors who are unable to attend the counter
due to commitments and other issues.
- Supports digitisation efforts.
- Mobile phone number is the main platform of THIJARI digital
services for the purpose of receiving TAC via SMS.
- To allow depositors to update their latest profile.
- TH information and information delivery platform.
||Why was this facility created now and not before?
||This is a new initiative provided by TH to support current online and digital services.
||Is the facility implemented in accordance with the rules or policies of Bank Negara Malaysia?
This provided facility has taken into account Bank Negara Malaysia's policy on Electronic Know-Your-Customer (e-KYC) for the purpose of self-authentication using the proposed technology to reduce the risk of virtual or face-to-face transactions, namely:
- Something the customer has, for example, an identity card and a phone number;
- Something the customer knows, for example pin number, transaction information, and personal information; and
- Something that is a customer, for example, biometric fingers, iris eyes and face.
For this initiative, self-verification is implemented through the ALIS System of the National Registration Department (JPN) to obtain and verify information and photos of depositors.
|TERMS OF APPLICATION
||What are the documents required?
||The depositor must forward these documents:
- Copy of crossed identity card (FOR TH USE ONLY)
- Copy of three (3) months latest telephone bill statements in the name of the
- Applicant must have their own email account
||How can the depositors submit the required documents?
||Depositors may submit the copy of the documents via email to th- firstname.lastname@example.org
||What documents need to be forwarded if three (3) months latest bill statements cannot be submitted?
||Depositors must forward a certified copy of the Requisition Form from a registered Telco Company
||Can depositors who subscribe to a prepaid plan without a billing statement in the name of the applicant make this transaction?
||No. These depositors are advised to attend the nearest TH Branch office
||If the TH depositor does not have a mobile phone number, is it possible to use the mobile phone number of another family member?
||No. Depositors need to have a mobile phone number registered in the depositor's own name as it involves receiving TAC via SMS.
||Is it possible for a custodian to update the mobile phone number for a child under care’s account?
||What other personal information updates can be done through THCC?
||The update of personal information that can be implemented through THCC are:
- Home/office phone number
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Marital status
- Spouse Information (Name)
- Promotion & Marketing Announcement Confirmation
- Business/Company Information
||Does updating other personal information require the same document?
||No. The copy of the documents stated is for Mobile Phone Number Update only.
||16 Are there any charges or fees charged for this facility?
||No charges or fees apply.
||Update period by TH?
||Two (2) working days. It is subject to approval after the actual applicant verification review is implemented.
||Are the depositors residing abroad carry out this update?
||Yes. The depositors will need to go through a similar process
||How can depositors get more information about this facility?
Depositors can get more information by: