Hajj Cost & Payment
Hajj cost refers to the direct cost for various activities which are organised and paid by TH in that particular year.
The direct costs for Muassasah Pilgrims are inclusive of flight, transportations, accommodations in Makkah and Madinah, meals and payments to the Government of Saudi Arabia, while the direct cost for pilgrims under PJH / THTS do not include accommodations and meals as these are handled by the PJH / THTS.
The hajj payment is an amount required to be paid by pilgrims in enabling them to perform their hajj in that particular year. The hajj cost for current year / Hajj Season 1440H / 2019M as below:
|Pilgrims Category (Muassasah)||Hajj Cost||Subsidy from TH||Hajj Payment|
Malaysian Citizen - first time performing hajj
|RM 22,900||RM 12,920||RM 9,980|
|Malaysian Citizen - have performed hajj before||RM 22,900 + *RM 2,200||No||RM 22,900 + *RM 2,200|
NOTE : *Subject to visa payment as enforced by the Government of Saudi Arabia.
In addition, TH continuously subsidise other indirect costs, such as:
- Production of hajj guide books and brochures;
- Hajj courses;
- Hajj officers (welfare and medical)
- Cost for hajj operations in the homeland;
- Value-added services provided to all Malaysian pilgrims; and
A selected pilgrim for the current year is eligible to withdraw his / her EPF fund to pay the balance amount required for hajj. The prospective pilgrim can withdraw up to a maximum of RM3,000 under the following conditions:
- Must be an EPF member
- Must provide hajj offer letter to the EPF Office
- Must provide TH savings statement to the EPF Office
- Must be under the age of 55 years old