Development Programme - 'Homeland Hajj Trainers' (PEKTA) / 'Holy Land Hajj Facilitator' (PIHTAS)
Programme for Trainers / Hajj Facilitators
The preparation and implementation of the Development Programmes for Hajj Trainers and Facilitators are as follows:
- Hajj Rituals Evaluation Workshops
- National Level Hajj Muzakarah
- Intensive Classes on Hajj Tafaqquh and Umrah
- Intensive Courses for Hajj Facilitator of the Holy Land (PIHTAS)
- Training of Trainers (TOT) courses for new Hajj Facilitators
These programmes were created to produce knowledgeable and consistent Hajj Trainers/ Facilitators (PEKTA/ PIHTAS) who are capable of guiding Hajj pilgrims effectively and efficiently, both locally and in the Holy Land.
Those who have successfully completed this program will be awarded Kad Tauliah (a credentials card) by TH that authorizes them as a formal guide for Hajj and Umrah. Any PEKTA with expired Kad Tauliah must apply for its renewal by filling in Permohonan Kad Tauliah Mengajar Haji dan Umrah (KATAMHAJJ) BRG-PH-HB-05-02 (Pindaan Nov 2018) form no later than 2 months before the expiration date of the card.
Appointment of Hajj Trainers (PEKTA)
Application must be made through the TH State or District office by filling in the application form Permohonan Pengkursus Ibadat Haji Tanah Air (PEKTA) BRG-PH-HB-05-02 (Pindaan Nov 2018). All applicants must meet the following criteria before filling in the form:
- Have already performed the Hajj and Umrah
- Hold a valid teaching credential, validated by the State Department of Islamic Development
- Have a religious educational background with Diploma in Islamic Studies/ Islamic Education
- Have good moral compass and do not smoke
*Applicants will take a written and an oral test before being appointed as PEKTA.
List of Hajj Trainers (PEKTA)
Download here for list of PEKTA.
The Appointment of PIHTAS (Hajj Facilitators)
- Must be State or District Hajj facilitators, and be nominated by the TH State Director
- Must be certified by the Guidance Division
- Have attended Hajj Muzakarah (within the last 3 years)
- Have passed the PIHTAS interview
- Not involved in businesses related to bringing pilgrims for Hajj/ Umrah
- Healthy and below the age of 60