Savings at TH is based on the Wadi’ah Yad Dhamanah concept (Savings with Guarantee). It is shariah-compliant and fully guaranteed by the Malaysian Government.
This concept creates a contract that enables Depositors to save their money with TH and as the custodian, TH agrees to manage the money. Through this contract, the Depositors grants TH the permission to use / borrow their money for the purposes of business, investment, etc. The contract is imprinted in the Terms and Conditions of the Savings Slip and the New Member Registration Form stating the Depositors’ consent that their money will be managed by TH as deemed appropriate.
The adduce (dalil) on the concept of Wadi’ah Yad Dhamanah is written in Surah An-Nisa’ : 58 and a Hadith narrated in Sunan Abu Dawud. In addition, the Islamic scholars have unanimously agreed through ijma’ that Wadi’ah is a contract permissible in Islam.
* The transition for TH Savings from the Wadi'ah Yad Dhamanah concept to Wakalah will be enforced from 31 December 2019.
Advantages of Savings at TH
- The savings is shariah-compliant.
- 100% guaranteed by the Malaysian Government.
- Exempted from tax payment.
- Zakat is already paid at the rate of 2.5%.
- No savings limit.
Savings & Withdrawals
- No savings limit imposed.
- Savings can be done by cash deposits, cheques, fund transfers or through any of the following methods:
- TH Service Counters (Headquarters and Branch Offices)
- TH Mobile Counters
- Salary deduction
- Electronic and Internet Banking
- Service Counters of TH Strategic Partners
- Collection Agents
- Maximum cash withdrawal is RM10,000
- Non-cash withdrawal of more than RM10,000 can only be done at TH Headquarters and Branch Offices by cheques / Telegraphic Transfers.
Depositors’ accounts with no transaction for more than 7 years will be classified as Inactive Accounts, in accordance with the Regulations and the Tabung Haji Act (1995).
Starting from 2018, Inactive Accounts shall no longer receive distribution of the Annual Hibah.
TH is exempted from surrendering the money from the Inactive Accounts to the Registrar of Unclaimed Money. As such, the Depositor or his Beneficiary can still make a claim on the Inactive Account’s balance, at any time, by submitting such documents which may be prescribed by TH.
TH Counter & TH Mobile Counter
TH Counters are open at all TH Branch Offices throughout the country.
TH Mobile Counters
TH offers Mobile Counter services aimed at facilitating customers at specific locations such as exhibitions/expo sites, factories, offices, schools, etc.
TH Strategic Partner & TH Deposit Collection Agent
TH Strategic Partner
Depositors can perform TH transactions at counters, Automatic Teller Machines (ATM) and through online banking of TH Strategic Partners i.e. Bank Islam, Bank Rakyat, Maybank and CIMB.
Click here to view TH Electronic Channel Services
TH Deposit Collection Agent
Depositors can also perform TH transactions through the appointed Savings Collection Agents as follows:
- Pos Malaysia Berhad
- Bank Simpanan Nasional
- CIMB Bank Berhad
- RHB Berhad
- Public Bank Berhad
- Ambank Berhad
- Bank Muamalat Malaysia Bhd.
- Hong Leong Islamic Bank
- Asian Finance Bank
- Kuwait Finance Bank
- Affin Islamic Bank Berhad
Service charges will be charged at the rates set by the Collection Agent from time to time.
Download form click here.